Summer is in full swing, which means you might be looking for a refreshing relief to your heat wave. We’ve rounded up some cool boards to celebrate National Watermelon Day for you to peruse while you enjoy an ice cold treat.
- Watermelon Sculptures by Sandy
- Watermelon Fun by Mary
- Watermelon Watermelon by Kate
- Watermelon Party by Heather
- Everything Watermelon by Brooke
If you haven’t heard 99% Invisible, go listen to an episode. The show is about the more overlooked aspects of architecture and design, and is one of the best produced and thoughtful pieces of radio out there.
Here are some favorite show topics:
- “DeafSpace,” about how an architect created a building specifically for the Deaf
- Abandoned baths in the basement of the US Capitol Building
- How paper money is designed (poorly)
- How and why the catastrophic Tacoma narrows bridge ever got built
- How the Teddy Bear beat out the Billy Possum as the quintessential American toy
Episodes are about 10 minutes long, so you could probably fit in a few today: Go to http://99percentinvisible.org/ or search for it on iTunes.
You can help them get there. If you can, I truly believe 99% Invisible will be the best show you look forward to every week.
“Our willingness to fail gives us the ability and opportunity to succeed where others may fear to tread.”
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”